Friday, June 7, 2013

Wrapping up Meal Planning

The last thing I did (and yes, I did this in one sitting) was to make a blank calendar and fill in meals for the rest of the month. Well, that's not the last thing I did, but it's the last piece of paperwork. Now obviously stuff is going to come up that will change this, but let me tell you what a relief it is to have this done!! It made grocery shopping a lot easier, and I feel a HUGE burden (aka stressor) lifted off my chest!

My next steps will be to compile all these recipes into one place which will involve copying and typing, make an ingredient list for each meal so I can refer to that when planning my grocery list, coming up with a few more weeks of different meals (may have to try some more recipes/brainstorm other things I've cooked), as well as come up with a list of sides to rotate among the meals. I am horrible with sides - if we get a main dish & veggie, we're lucky! BUT this is a huge start for me!! Hopefully this helps; I'm sure I'm not the only Mom/Wife who struggles in this area!

*Notes: Started this midweek of this week, & knew Alex & I would be going out for dinner on Saturday, so I prepped extra food yesterday for their dinner on Saturday. On the 18th we have some special activities planned in the evening, so I just planned an extra eating out to go along with it. I am hoping that this new meal plan will cut back on our eating out, which is a HUGE money waster for us. Enjoy & let me know how it goes for you!!


June 2013

Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
1







2
3
4
5
6
7
8




Roasted Chicken thighs
Chicken/corn chowder
Out for anniversary/kids eat Thursday leftovers
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
Chicken pot pie
Taco salad
ABC Kids eat free
Hot chicken salad
Pork Tenderloin
Spaghetti
New: 3 cheese tomato tart (KAP p. 91)
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
Out
Asian apricot chops
Out
Cheaters chicken/dumplings
Beef stew
Glenn – spaghetti?
Or Meatballs/rice
New:
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
Roast Beef
Thin steak tacos
ABC kids eat free
Crock pot stuffing Chicken
New crockpot recipe
Brinner: Omelette bar
New:
30





Out






No comments:

Post a Comment