Sunday, June 17, 2012

Beginnings

I love to read.  On this desk, there are 3 books I am currently reading: The Ministry of Motherhood by Sally Clarkson, Choosing Gratitute by Nancy Leigh DeMoss, and How to Have Kids with Character by Nadine M. Brown, in addition to my Bible and Kindle, which contains several more unfinished books. As a busy wife and mom of 2 boys, who has recently stopped teaching high school Spanish, I don't have many big blocks of time to sit down and devour a book anymore, but do enjoy reading and do it whenever I can. In addition to historical fiction, which I rarely read at this point in my life, I enjoy reading about child-rearing, homeschooling (My newest educational endeavor), and growing in the Lord as a Christian woman.

I decided to start blogging as a way of keeping track of what I read as well as sharing the "Blessings" I glean with others. I enjoy following several blogs, so others might enjoy reading this one! It is definitely a work in progress as I am a blogger rookie.

One of my favorite ways to find new books to read is to look in the "recommended reading" lists of a book I have already read or the "bibliography" of those books. I then take that list and hit www.abebooks.com to purchase used books. Great prices!!

I hear the kids have arrived home with my husband, so my reading/writing time is over for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment